Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pumpkin Smoothie

I tried out this recipe online posted on Facebook by Amber. If you have pumpkin puree on hand or frozen in the fridge, this is a very good drink for you. It reminds me of a pumpkin pie but with a very strong banana flavor in it, so I'd cut a bit of it out the next time. I really liked it. I may add more spices and pumpkin next time. It doesn't need a lot. I will post the recipe with my little tweaks to it but the original recipe is posted here. Remember it kinda makes  a very full tall glass cup full.


(REMEMBER: You must have a frozen banana on hand. So put some in a container with the peel taken off in the freezer the night before)


*Does not turn out this orange*


Prep time: 5 min. Cook time: 0 min. Total: 5 min.


INGREDIENTS COST (total bull)
1/3 cup pumpkin puree $0.42
1 small or 2/3of a regular banana (frozen) $0.22
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed (Don't DO IT!!!) $0.03
1 1/3 Tbsp honey $0.12
1/4 tsp or more pumpkin pie spice $0.05
1/4 tsp cinnamon $0.02
1 cup vanilla soy milk/Regular milk with a tsp of Vanilla $0.41
TOTAL
$1.27

STEP 1: Add everything to a blender. Add milk last just to make it a little less messy

STEP 2: Blend until smooth. You may need to stop to stir once or twice. If the smoothie is too thick, add a touch more milk. Add a bit of cinnamon on the top to garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment